Effective Techniques for Communication and Dispute Resolutions3 December، 2017
SHRM-CP | SHRM-SCP Preparation Course3 December، 2017
- Determining terms of reference and writing an introduction
- Applying the four-stage reading process, group discussion on conclusion and recommendations
- Investigating faulty construction methods (research design faults and problem areas, make observations/findings, mind map and write a rough draft.)
- Interpreting graphic material, graphic presentation
- Editing the specification
- Creating a specification template
- Writing the specification
- Delivery of a two minute presentation (each delegate delivers a presentation on a particular aspect of the technical report)
- Types of report (Formal Report, Technical Memo, Technical Proposals, Equipment or Maintenance Manuals, Journal Articles).
- Category of reader (skilled, decision-maker, technical, operator, general non-specialists).
Compiling the report
- Compiling the report.
- Establishing a framework.
- Terms of reference (subject matter, purpose, reader identification).
- Executive summary
- Other sections (title page, table of contents, lists, appendices, references).
Elements of Technical Writing
- Factual versus opinion.
- Logical flow of writing.
- Results of research.
- Case Study: Developing awareness of fact and opinion and substantiating opinions with facts.
- Practical Session: Determining terms of reference and writing an introduction.
Checking the specification
- Functional language correctness.
- Realistic specifications.
- Compliance test and evaluation criteria.
- Practical Session: Editing the specification.
- Research (interviewing, listening, note taking, reading).
- Organizing the report.
- Development methods (general to specific, specific to general, chronological, sequential, cause and effect, comparison, spatial).
- Overview of conclusion / recommendations section.
- Practical Session: Applying the four-stage reading process, group discussion on conclusion and recommendations.
- Extra fees for international certificates
- 5 % discount for advance booking
- 10 % discounts for groups
- Special offers for corporates & gov. entities