About the course
What is PMO Performance Management? is the approach and methodology to support the creation, revision, and operation of PMOs, focusing on the generation of effective value for organizations.
It is based on extensive experience of professionals from different expertise, providing recommendations and guiding the PMO configuration from successful experiences.
While many courses on ‘PMO’ focus solely on setup routine and documentation, this course aims to tell you what can really increase the chances of making your PMOs successful.
This course will tell you how to adapt a methodology which fit with your different organization
Who should attend?
- PMO Managers
- Strategic Managers
- Projects Performance Managers
- Senior Project Managers
- Full mastery of the essential concepts of the PMO Performance management methodology
- Practicing techniques for the definition of application strategies, use of the method, analysis of results, decision making, and definition of solutions
- Aligned with the best practices for PMOs, and fully trained in the methodology, making it possible to use them on a daily basis.
- Create and Sustain a Value Driven PMO.
- Master the recommended techniques for PMO successful implementation
- Getting familiar with the implementation in PMOs and organizations of the most diverse levels of complexity.
Ability to collect the most important benefits that each stakeholder of your PMO expects to receive.
- bility to collect the expectations of each stakeholder to generate perceived value for its stakeholders over time.
- Provide detailed process recommendations for each of the selected PMO functions.
- Provide a set of KPIs for each PMO function, including recommendations on the relevance of each indicator and the details on how they should be established, measured and evaluated.
- Provide recommendations for defining the PMO team, identifying the competencies required and their relevance.
- Ability to assist in assessing the current and desired levels of PMO maturity.
- Ability to assist in measuring the PMO’s financial return.
- Set goals and track PMO results by monitoring the generation of value for your stakeholders and your organization.
Content & outlines
Module 1: DEFINE PMO FUNCTIONS 3hrs.
- Collect the most important stakeholders benefits.
- Provide a list of priority functions to increase the likelihood of meeting these expectations.
Module 2: Balance PMO Functions 3hrs
- Collect the expectations of each stakeholder
- indicate how the PMO will be able to generate perceived value for its stakeholders over time.
Module 3: ESTABLISH PMO PROCESSES 3hrs.
- provide detailed process recommendations for each
- of the selected PMO functions.
Module 4: DEFINE PMO KPIS 3hrs.
- provide a set of KPIs for each PMO function
- recommendations on the relevance of each indicator
- and the details on how they should be established, measured and evaluated.
Module 5: DEFINE PMO team and responsibilities 3hrs.
- Defining the PMO team
- Identifying the competencies required and their relevance.
- Identify the level of proficiency of each PMO team member in the competencies required, identify gaps
- Suggest the best allocation of resources according to PMO function.
Module 6: IDENTIFY THE PMO’S MATURITY Level 3hrs.
- assessing the current and desired levels of PMO maturity
- Detailing each function at levels that reflect the evolution of the PMO’s ability to generate value for the organization.
- Creation of action plans for the evolution of the PMO.
Module 7: CALCULATE PMO ROI 3hrs.
- Measuring the PMO’s financial return
Module 8: MONITOR THE PMO’S STRATEGIC PERFORMANCE 3hrs.
- Set goals and track PMO results with Dashboard
- Monitoring the generation of value for your stakeholders and your organization.