At the completion of this five-days training program, participants will be able to:
- Understand what is a crisis
- Understand Types of crisis
- Understand the 5 phases of crisis management.
- How to handle crisis
- Establish a powerful crisis management team.
- Handle & communicate with the media in crisis situations.
- Know how & what to say and what not to reveal through the media.
- Understand the key aspects of crisis management.
- Understand the 6 effective strategies in a crisis
Day 1: Introduction
- Crisis definitions and comparisons with Risk and Issue.
- Risk – Issue – Crisis Different Concepts.
- Escalation of Incident to Crisis to Disaster.
- Crisis managers’ roles and responsibilities.
- Manage the issue before it becomes a crisis.
- Crisis “denial Curve” & “Group-Think” syndromes.
- The Cycle of Crisis Management.
- Case studies.
Day 2: The Five Phases of Crisis Management
Phase 1: From “Denial to Acceptance”.
Phase 2: Assembling the Team.
Phase 3: Mitigating & Controlling the Damage.
Phase 4: Swing to Solution Consciousness.
Phase 5: Damage Recovery.
Day 3: Crisis Management Strategies
- Command & Control Issues.
- Crisis Management Communication.
- Managing the Media.
- The Golden Rules” on what to say and what not to reveal.
- Crisis Emergency center
Day 4: The Crisis Management Framework
- Team – Establish Crisis Management Team.
- Leadership – Take Command & Control.
- Mission – Inspire the purpose of the crisis.
- Financial – Forecast the financial Impact.
- Communication – Establish a unique internal & external communication.
- Case studies.
Day 5: Prevention of Crisis
- The 1st Line of Defense against Crisis.
- Proactive Prevention Measures.
- Establish the Rules of Engagement well in advance.
- Examples & Case Studies.